Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by james chen <ja...@yahoo.com.tw> on 2001/11/25 01:29:52 UTC

tomcat start

hi all:

I have finally got tomcat and APache SOAP to work,but
unfortunatly it didn't last for long.

I couldn't remember what I did ( if I actually did any
thing at all ) Normally. when I start up Tomcat by
type TOmcat start in the command prompt, the
tomcat.bat would just start a new command prompt
window. Both window should stay open until the Tomcat
is stoped

But now, for some reason the second command prompt
just disapearts after it displays a few lines.
Coincidently, my tomcat just wouldn't work any
more.The brower just couldn't finnd the page when
erver i Type HTTP://LOCALHOST:8080

Could some one please help me with this proble.

thanks a lot
james c

< 每天都 Yahoo!奇摩 >  www.yahoo.com.tw

Re: tomcat start

Posted by Xiao Juguang <ju...@fugu-sg.org>.

> I have finally got tomcat and APache SOAP to work,but
> unfortunatly it didn't last for long.
>
> I couldn't remember what I did ( if I actually did any
> thing at all ) Normally. when I start up Tomcat by
> type TOmcat start in the command prompt, the
> tomcat.bat would just start a new command prompt
> window. Both window should stay open until the Tomcat
> is stoped
>
> But now, for some reason the second command prompt
> just disapearts after it displays a few lines.
> Coincidently, my tomcat just wouldn't work any
> more.The brower just couldn't finnd the page when
> erver i Type HTTP://LOCALHOST:8080

I am using Linux platform, so my suggestion is to change platform. :P

Anyway, I think you should make Tomcat as Windows service, which startup
automatically when booting Windows. And try to use IP rather than localhost.

Juguang

Re: tomcat start

Posted by Xiao Juguang <ju...@fugu-sg.org>.

Re: tomcat start

Posted by Miten Mehta <om...@yahoo.com>.
what ever new application you deployed after which you
noticed this behaviour roll back that changes and see
and then try to work it forward.

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

Re: tomcat start

Posted by Miten Mehta <om...@yahoo.com>.