Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Paul Roebuck <pa...@comcast.net> on 2012/03/09 14:34:12 UTC

[HELP] Share vendor directory with multi-design documents?

I have a multi-design document setup. I can make this work moving the vendor
directory under each design document. But I don't really want to manage
multiple copies of library javascript code per design document. Please enlighten
me on how this can be shared from the master design.

Simple example for shows using mustache:

Current:
xxx
   _design/master
   _design/foo
       show
           this
       vendor
          couchdb
               lib
                   mustache
   _design/bar
       show
           that
       vendor
          couchdb
               lib
                   mustache

Desired:
xxx
   _design/master
       vendor
          couchdb
               lib
                   mustache
   _design/foo
       show
           this
   _design/bar
       show
           that

How does one design document "reference" another as such (via require())?

Re: [HELP] Share vendor directory with multi-design documents?

Posted by Paul Roebuck <pa...@comcast.net>.
Yeah, aware that svn:externals could be done. But the example was just
a single file; my actual case has lots of them. Didn't want to go into a
multi-repository scenario for components of a single (and otherwise simple)
couchapp. Is this my only choice?

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 5:34 AM, Paul Roebuck <pa...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I have a multi-design document setup. I can make this work moving the vendor
> directory under each design document. But I don't really want to manage
> multiple copies of library javascript code per design document. Please enlighten
> me on how this can be shared from the master design.
>
> Simple example for shows using mustache:
>
> Current:
> xxx
>   _design/master
>   _design/foo
>       show
>           this
>       vendor
>          couchdb
>               lib
>                   mustache
>   _design/bar
>       show
>           that
>       vendor
>          couchdb
>               lib
>                   mustache
>

> Desired:
> xxx
>   _design/master
>       vendor
>          couchdb
>               lib
>                   mustache
>   _design/foo
>       show
>           this
>   _design/bar
>       show
>           that
>

> How does one design document "reference" another as such (via require())?

`ln -s` should work on the filesystem . There is no possibility
include libs from other docs at the server level for now.

- benoît