Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Victor <vi...@web.de> on 2016/06/09 13:23:31 UTC

Maven Plugin and connecting over HTTPS

Hi,

i have a Problem with the tomee-maven-plugin.
I want to connect to my remote Tomee over the plugin and deploy and undeploy
.ear Files.
I set the Https port like that <tomeeHttpsPort>443</tomeeHttpsPort>.

But it stills tries to connect trough http and not https. How can i change
it, that it will connect via Https?

Thank you very much

Re: Maven Plugin and connecting over HTTPS

Posted by Victor <vi...@web.de>.
Hi,

i wanted to give you Feedback it works like a charm.
I use it now for redeployment in our Project.

Thank your very much :)

My working configuration. Based on Maven Profile the port,host etc. will be
changed:

<tomee-maven-plugin.version>7.0.1-SNAPSHOT</tomee-maven-plugin.version>
<openejb-core.version>4.7.4</openejb-core.version>
<plugin>
					<groupId>org.apache.tomee.maven</groupId>
					<artifactId>tomee-maven-plugin</artifactId>
					<version>${tomee-maven-plugin.version}</version>
					<configuration>
					   <tomeeVersion>${tomee-maven-plugin.tomeeVersion}</tomeeVersion>
						<tomeeAlreadyInstalled>true</tomeeAlreadyInstalled>
						<tomeeHost>${tomee-host}</tomeeHost>
						<tomeeHttpsPort>${tomee-https-port}</tomeeHttpsPort>
						<tomeeHttpPort>${tomee-http-port}</tomeeHttpPort>
						<user>...</user>
						<password>...</password>
					</configuration>
					<dependencies>
						<dependency>
							<groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
							<artifactId>openejb-core</artifactId>
							<version>${openejb-core.version}</version>
						</dependency>
					</dependencies>
				</plugin>

Re: Maven Plugin and connecting over HTTPS

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
this is likely a conflict of org.apache.openejb:openejb-core:${version}
between 1.7.x and 7.x. Don't recall exactly if overriding it in the plugin
dependencies list is enough or if we rely on some particular new API in the
plugin. I think it should work for deploy/undeploy commands but maybe not
tomee:run.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
7.0.1-SNAPSHOT will be deployed tonight normally, feel free to test and
give us feedback on it, would be very appreciated and avoid you surprises
(you can even ask to change the config until it gets released ;))

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Victor <vi...@web.de>.
Thank your very very much !

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

> Thank you Romain Manni-Bucau for your Answer!
>
> Sorry i did not understand it completly. It is not possible out of the Box
> and i need to change my tomee redirection config to HTTPS (Portchanging)?

Or did you just created Ticket 1838 and forceHttps will be implemented soon
> in the maven plugin?

Created and impl-ed 1838 just this afternoon. It uses https if http is null
or forceHttps is set to true.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Victor,

it is not possible out of the box