Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bruno Klava <bk...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/03 21:09:59 UTC

Possible client side validation bug in Struts 2.3.15

Hi folks,

after upgrading Struts from 2.3.14.3 to 2.3.15 my client side form
validation stopped working. More specifically, the code to validate
requiredstring is not being generated in the validateForm_xxxxxx()
functions.

Is anybody having the same issue?

Tnx in advance,
Bruno

Re: Possible client side validation bug in Struts 2.3.15

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Solved, please check with the latest build ... hm ... ale the build are gone :\

https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/Struts/

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Posted by Bruno Klava <bk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alireza Fattahi <af...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I get these two warnings:
2013-07-10 16:42:45,683  WARN (com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor:56) - Parameter [struts.enableJSONValidation] is on the excludeParams list of patterns!

2013-07-10 16:42:45,683  WARN (com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor:56) - Parameter [struts.validateOnly] is on the excludeParams list of patterns!

How can I fix it ?!
I put below in struts.xml
    <constant name="struts.enableJSONValidation" value="true" />

But it did not help.

~Regards,
~~Alireza Fattahi

Re: Possible client side validation bug in Struts 2.3.15

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bruno Klava <bk...@gmail.com>.
Now I managed to create a minimal example that reproduces the error (the
previous example I was trying was too minimal :)

https://github.com/bklava/struts

In the example, in the index action/page, there are 2 forms: the difference
is that the form 1 submits to the action without setting a method (then
calling the default execute() method), while the form 2 submits to the same
action but calling a specific method.

The validator is set annotating the field setter method, so it should be
available either to the default execute method and to the non-default
method. This is exactly the behaviour obtained when using Struts 2.3.14.3.

After switching to Struts 2.3.15, the form 2 validation is not executed at
all.

As far as I can tell, this difference is due to changes made
in org.apache.struts2.components.Form.getValidators(String name)

If you need any further info, just ask.

Tnx!
Bruno

--
Bruno Klava

Re: Possible client side validation bug in Struts 2.3.15

Posted by Bruno Klava <bk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maurizio,

--
Bruno Klava

Re: Possible client side validation bug in Struts 2.3.15

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.
Hi Bruno,