Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Florian Seydoux <fl...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/07 08:07:51 UTC

Re: svnmerge.py for MERGE BACK !?

Ravi Bavanari wrote:
> Is there any way to merge back my changes by using svnmerge.py to
> development branch?
>
> i used following commands to merge my changes.
>
> svnmerge.py init /trunk
> svnmerge merge
> svn ci -F svn-message-txt
>
> now i want to merge back all changes which i did above using
> svnmerge.py,  can we do using svnmerge.py!?

just do the same, but from a WC of trunk:

svnmerge.py init <path-to-your-branch>
svnmerge avail -b  # event. -S <path-to-your-branch>
svnmerge merge -b  # event. -S ...
svn ci -F svn-merge...

regards

flo

Re: svnmerge.py for MERGE BACK !?

Posted by Florian Seydoux <fl...@gmail.com>.
Ravi Bavanari wrote:
> Hi Flo,
> [...]
> after to this is there is any way to un do above , blocking some
> revisions ? or can we still merge those revisions my specifying
> explicitly...? like svnmerge merge -r23454 -S mybranch.

Hello,
I don't know if it's ok by forcing explicitely the rev number (we can do
the test),
but the 'clean' way to do that seems to be:
   svnmerge unblock -r23454

only few commands are explicited on the wiki page, but you can use
     svnmerge help
     svnmerge help unblock
for more information, exact syntax, etc. (they mimic the help of the svn
command line)

cheers,

florian

Re: svnmerge.py for MERGE BACK !?

Posted by Ravi Bavanari <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Flo,

Thank you very much, i got one more doubt with svnmerge.py.

Iam using this command from blocking some revisions from merging.

 svnmerge block -r23454 -S mybranch

after to this is there is any way to un do above , blocking some revisions ?
or can we still merge those revisions my specifying explicitly...? like
svnmerge merge -r23454 -S mybranch.

Thanks ,
Ravi Bavanari