Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Manuel Mall <ma...@apache.org> on 2006/08/10 17:15:18 UTC

Re: a page layout sample needed

On Thursday 10 August 2006 22:38, Debasish Jana wrote:
> Hi:

<snip/>

> If possible, could you please let me know the some reading material
> that explains the geometry, and also a sample Xsl:fo as well as PDF.
>
> Please guide.

See the XSL-FO spec itself http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/
especially the section on area geometry:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice4.html#area-geo

For samples a place to go may be the testcases in the fop svn
repository, e.g.:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/test/layoutengine/standard-testcases/

Especially those whose names starts with simple-page-master....

These testcases must be processed with the stylesheet found in
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/test/layoutengine/testcase2fo.xsl?view=log
if you want to feed them into fop.

> Regards,
>
> Debasish