Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Omar Chicas <om...@sympatico.ca> on 2002/07/24 07:24:00 UTC

ASP Page wont work

I don't know what else to do but my configurations are:
the
 <Files ~ (\.asp)>
   SetHandler  perl-script
   PerlModule  Apache::ASP
   PerlHandler Apache::ASP
   PerlSetVar  Global .
   PerlSetVar  StateDir /tmp/asp
 </Files>

  <Perl>
   *CORE::GLOBAL::flock = sub { 1 };
  </Perl>
  PerlModule  Apache::ASP

I copied it and pasted it on the httpd.conf and the Apache::ASP stuff is from the default httpd.conf I didn't edit that part and I tried to run some asp pages but the server gave me an Internat Error error I don't know how to work asp can you help me?

By the way mode_perl apache is incredible I was running apahce 2.0 and php pages would load very fast my invision forum would load in 5-6 seconds! I finally downgrades to apache 1.3.26 with mod_perl and the php pages are loadin .999-2 seconds! It's amazing...

I'm running a windows server...

Thank you for your time,
                                                    Omar Chicas

Re: ASP Page wont work

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Omar Chicas wrote:
> I don't know what else to do but my configurations are:
> the
>  <Files ~ (\.asp)>
>    SetHandler  perl-script
>    PerlModule  Apache::ASP
>    PerlHandler Apache::ASP
>    PerlSetVar  Global .
>    PerlSetVar  StateDir /tmp/asp
> </Files>
>
>   <Perl>
>    *CORE::GLOBAL::flock = sub { 1 };
>   </Perl>
>   PerlModule  Apache::ASP

The Apache::ASP support list is at asp-subscribe@perl.apache.org

You might make sure that StateDir points to a valid directory.
/tmp is a unix type directory ( you can create c:/tmp in windows too )

To really start diagnosing the errors though, we will need to
know what is in the error_log for that internal server error.

--Josh