Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Jenny Brown <je...@bigbrother.net> on 2002/10/31 23:22:20 UTC

what is the status of anakia / xpath dependancy?

I am trying to set up and use Anakia for the first time (though I've
been using Velocity in servlets for a while now).  I am getting a
NoClassDefFoundError : com/werken/xpath/XPath  which I understand is a
dependancy that's being phased out in favor of something else.

What is the status of this change?  I'm having difficulty finding
up to date documentation of where the project is headed.

I would like to use Velocity templates instead of XSLT, within the
context of a servlet.  I haven't been able to fully determine yet if
Anakia can help do that, or not.  (I see that it can command-line, if
I can resolve the dependancy, but I'm not so clear on doing it in a
servlet.)

Thanks for any help.

Jenny Brown

Re: what is the status of anakia / xpath dependancy?

Posted by Jenny Brown <je...@bigbrother.net>.
On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> The best thing for you is DVSL.  Follow the link on the vel site.

Ok, I checked it out and have downloaded it, and it looks like exactly
what I was after.

I'm having some trouble sorting through the example code and pulling out ideas
on how to use it, though.  I've looked through the API docs, and I'm
guessing that what I need is somewhere in class DVSL or DVSLTask but I
am not quite sure how to get it started, give it its input, etc.

Are there docs somewhere that would lead me through this?  Thanks.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.
On 10/31/02 5:22 PM, "Jenny Brown" <je...@bigbrother.net> wrote:

> I am trying to set up and use Anakia for the first time (though I've
> been using Velocity in servlets for a while now).  I am getting a
> NoClassDefFoundError : com/werken/xpath/XPath  which I understand is a
> dependancy that's being phased out in favor of something else.

It will be phased out, but right now it's not.

Is the werken.jar in your classpath?  It's included in the distro in
build/lib

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
geirm@adeptra.com                                    +1-203-355-2219 (w)