Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by mallik arjun <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/08 03:56:07 UTC

how to store video,audio files into hdfs through java program

hi all,

is there any way to store video,audio files to store into hdfs.

provide some examples.

thanks,
mallik.

Re: how to store video,audio files into hdfs through java program

Posted by "Joshi, Rekha" <Re...@intuit.com>.
Hi,

Think storing is not much of an issue, as much as some thought would be required in processing.
Think you can, to the basic be able to use SequenceFileInputFormat, ByteArrayInputStream (and corresponding output) for the binary files.

There are some experiments on audio, video here -
Audio - http://musicmachinery.com/2011/09/04/how-to-process-a-million-songs-in-20-minutes/
I had heard sometime back MapR has some video streaming functionality.Try looking into?

Thanks
Rekha