Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by cb9 <c_...@hotmail.com> on 2013/02/26 15:32:30 UTC

Understanding encryption key identifier and signature key identifier

Hi,

I am trying to understand encryption key identifier and signature key
identifier.  The JavaDoc says "For encryption IssuerSerial,
X509KeyIdentifier, DirectReference, Thumbprint, SKIKeyIdentifier, and
EmbeddedKeyName are valid only" and "For signature IssuerSerial and
DirectReference are valid only." But where can I find more information about
IssuerSerial, X509KeyIdentifier, DirectReference, Thumbprint,
SKIKeyIdentifier, and EmbeddedKeyName ? I do not understand what these
values mean  "IssuerSerial, X509KeyIdentifier, DirectReference, Thumbprint,
SKIKeyIdentifier, and EmbeddedKeyName"

Re: Understanding encryption key identifier and signature key identifier

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
They're different ways of referring to Certificates. Most of them are
covered in the spec:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/16790/wss-v1.1-spec-os-SOAPMessageSecurity.pdf

Colm.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 6:32 AM, cb9 <c_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to understand encryption key identifier and signature key
> identifier.  The JavaDoc says "For encryption IssuerSerial,
> X509KeyIdentifier, DirectReference, Thumbprint, SKIKeyIdentifier, and
> EmbeddedKeyName are valid only" and "For signature IssuerSerial and
> DirectReference are valid only." But where can I find more information
> about
> IssuerSerial, X509KeyIdentifier, DirectReference, Thumbprint,
> SKIKeyIdentifier, and EmbeddedKeyName ? I do not understand what these
> values mean  "IssuerSerial, X509KeyIdentifier, DirectReference, Thumbprint,
> SKIKeyIdentifier, and EmbeddedKeyName"

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com