Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Takumi Fujiwara <tr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/26 05:57:31 UTC

Using Struts for JMX web client

Hi,

I need to develop a Web client for a JMX application
so that users can admin the JMX application remotely.
I would like to know if I should use Struts as the web
framework.

My understanding is each page has a Form Bean, but
there are MBeans in the JMX application. So are they
redundant? will it be unnecessary overhead? Or they
are for different purpose?

Or should I just use the JMX tag library here:
http://www.servletsuite.com/servlets/jmxtag.htm

Thanks for any help.

RE: Using Struts for JMX web client

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
Yep. Different purpose.
The ActionForm exists to capture the text input of a user from the submitted
request parameters, and should there be validation errors the form can be
presented to users again (with appropriate error messages) and the fields
will contain the information that the user had typed in previously.
ActionForms are useful for one or two other things as well, but they are
distinctly a part of the view and not the model.