Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1998/06/08 03:16:43 UTC

config/2372: If libcrypt is installed, it will be used even if compiling for libc5 (fwd)

<sigh>

I am tempted to say "tough, if you are going to do things like that it is
your problem."  We can _not_ remove the -lcrypt test.

At most, we could add some option to prevent any automated tests from
adding any flags to the compile or link lines.

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
If you want to code that and test it, go for it.  I don't particularly
care.  As I mentioned in the text for PR#2372 this is a configuration that
very few people will use.

redhat-5.x as shipped support libc5-linked applications.  But you can't
build libc5-linked applications -- they don't include the libc5 header
files, for example.

It's just a rats nest to support both universes on the same machine.  I've
tried.

Dean

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.