Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/25 14:01:56 UTC

[ACS44][DISCUSS] alpha releases for testing

ls,

to facilitate and encourage testing, would it be a good idea to do
alpha releases of the 4.4 branche early? the idea is that more of the
last minute testing we had with 4.3 will happen earlier, thus
relieving both the release manager and the citrix QA department of the
last minute pressure.

--
Daan

Re: [ACS44][DISCUSS] alpha releases for testing

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:56 PM, ilya musayev
<il...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not saying this should not happen - its certainly helpful, but judging
> by general trend, people tend not to use stable release until the patch 1
> comes out. This is industry standard practice. Everyone waits for update 1.
so you are saying we should release x.y.0 without to much fuzz and put
our effort in x.y.1?

> So while we can use it for testing purposes as dev, i'd not expect high
> adoption. Speaking of which, we also need nightly builds of no-redist
> version.
I think we have one, in jenkins
http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/4.4/job/cloudstack-4.4-maven-build-noredist/

As i paste the link it occurs to me you mean the rpm/deb builds for no
redist, right?

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
or just RC1

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:44 PM, Alex Hitchins <al...@alexhitchins.com> wrote:
> confusing?

so call it beta

Posted by Alex Hitchins <al...@alexhitchins.com>.
I think having RC1 as an alpha would be confusing. To me, alphas are cutting
edge nightly build versions.

Anyone else think this could be confusing?

Alex Hitchins | 07788 423 969 | 01892 523 587

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.