Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by mfs <fa...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/04 09:21:19 UTC

Re: HybridURLCodingStrategies vs others

Your point certainly makes sense for ajax based behavior (where one would
loose the state) BUT lets say a a page just has normal links/button (which
would have pageIds encoded in them) why cant in that case (i.e. on
invocation of listeners on button/link click)...the response be redirected
to the page associated with pageId which is part of links/buttons url..

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
because that link is by default not stateless
If you use stateless links then that should happen (a combination of
bookmarkable and instance)

And not all pages can be bookmarkable, they have to have a default or
pageparam constructor.

Hybrid is a very special one. That is not just a Bookmarkble url coding
strategy.
Its really a Redirect URL strategy

johan

Posted by mfs <fa...@gmail.com>.