Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Leopoldo Gonçalves <a....@stela.org.br> on 2010/06/25 19:39:29 UTC

Index with multiple level structure

Hi All,

I wonder if it is possible to create Lucene indexes with a multiple
level structure. For instance,
a field named "institutions" with all institutions I´ve worked and
sub-fields to detail my
contribution in a specific institution.

The structure would be like this:

field: name
    content: person name
field: search
    content: full text from a set of papers
field: institutions
    content: institution_A
          subfield: position
                content: manger
          subfield: admission_year
                content: 2001
    content: institution_B
          subfield: position
                content: professor
          subfield: admission_year
                content: 2006

After that, my intention is to query people which have worked with
"information retrieval" at "institution_A"
as "professor" and admission year >= "2006".

Regards,

Alex

Re: Index with multiple level structure

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 5:02 AM, Rebecca Watson <be...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi alex,
>
> sounds like you are going to tackle a similar problem to what we're
> trying to do
> in our XML too -- as it looks like you've got a one-to-many type relationship
> you want to search over but return based on the top-level document -- similar to
> an an XML i.e. structured doc search problem
>
> -- simon willnauer pointed me this slideshow at the apache conference
> in prague a little while ago which was the best solution i found (i
> went there to find
> one!!) and this is the one we are going to soon try and
> implement/extend to allow
> index/search over our XML docs:

I was just gonna post... ah! :)

here is the corresponding issue: