Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Michael McGrady <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com> on 2004/07/15 03:48:34 UTC

First Build via CVS and getting a LogFactory error.

I am trying to build Struts via CVS in order to get my hands dirty with a
bit of assistance in documentation.  I am having one difficulty (error)
with the build.  The error is:

     [javac]                                 ^
     [javac]
C:\src\apache\jakarta-struts\src\share\org\apache\struts\action\ActionServlet.java:296:
release() in org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory cannot be applied to
(java.lang.ClassLoader)
     [javac]             LogFactory.release(classLoader);

Anyone know what this is about so that I don't have to reinvent the wheel
to get a build to work with?  Thanks.

Michael

Re: First Build via CVS and getting a LogFactory error.

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
Michael McGrady wrote:

> I am trying to build Struts via CVS in order to get my hands dirty
> with a bit of assistance in documentation.  I am having one difficulty
> (error) with the build.  The error is:
>
>     [javac]                                 ^
>     [javac]
> C:\src\apache\jakarta-struts\src\share\org\apache\struts\action\ActionServlet.java:296:
> release() in org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory cannot be applied
> to (java.lang.ClassLoader)
>     [javac]             LogFactory.release(classLoader);
>
> Anyone know what this is about so that I don't have to reinvent the
> wheel to get a build to work with?  Thanks.
>
> Michael

I'd guess you're building against a commons-logging.jar file that came
with Struts 1.1, which didn't have the particular method referenced in
this error message above.  You'll want to grab the versions of each
commons JAR file that are listed in the release notes in order to
compile the most recent Struts code.

All of these packages are available at the Jakarta download page:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi

Craig