Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rushi Anil Phutane <ru...@rediffmail.com> on 2012/06/08 20:47:10 UTC

i want to start volunterring

I want get involved in&nbsp; the&nbsp;  "14 Ways to Contribute to Open Source without Being a Programming Genius or a Rock Star."&nbsp; how can I start&nbsp; helping by developeing something

&nbsp;
thanks
&nbsp;rushi phutane.

Re: Another installation annoyance

Posted by Graham Lauder <yo...@apache.org>.
Greetings Peter,

Could you please  start a new thread rather than hijacking one with a
different topic.  Because of the volume of mail on this list it's very easy to
miss a message buried a long way down a different topic thread.

Cheers
GL

Re: i want to start volunterring

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 8:29 PM, Ian <ia...@amham.net> wrote:

> Hi Kay,
>
> I see things have changed a little since I last looked at it (and for
> the better).
>
> I want to participate leads you through the Help Wanted to the Developer
> FAQ,
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/developer-faqs.html
>
> Which highlights that the OpenOffice.org.Development page is legacy.
> And provides a link to the new wiki page.
> Which looks much better.

OK, thanks Ian...I thought it was like the before but really I don't
remember.

> I suspect that legacy page needs to go or pick up the bits that are
> still relevant and merge into the Wiki?

You may be correct. I think someone else is dealing with this.

> And there is a minor typo in the 'Where can I find out more about code
> development?' section.
>
> "You simple need to file an issue and supply your patch as an
> attachment to the issue."
> simple to simply?

Yes, thanks again...

Posted by Ian <ia...@amham.net>.
Hi Kay,

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian <ia...@amham.net>.
Well Derr, sorry Kay.

The source page was

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian <ia...@amham.net>.
Hi Kay,

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>wrote:

> Hi Kay,
>
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 01:09:16PM -0700, Kay Schenk wrote:
> > Hi Rushi and welcome to Apache OpenOffice
> >
> > It's great that you came across that particular article by the way.
> >
> > I'm not sure what route you took to subscribe to this list.
>

> any rout... This mail was moderated, that is he missed your answer
> unless you Cc'ed him.

Hi Ariel --

Oh -- I couldn't tell that...I'll re-reply. Thanks.

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Kay,

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Rushi Anil Phutane <
rushi19phutane@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> I want get involved in&nbsp; the&nbsp;  "14 Ways to Contribute to Open
> Source without Being a Programming Genius or a Rock Star."&nbsp; how can I
> start&nbsp; helping by developeing something
>

> &nbsp;
> thanks
> &nbsp;rushi phutane.

Hi Rushi and welcome to Apache OpenOffice

It's great that you came across that particular article by the way.

I'm not sure what route you took to subscribe to this list.

Currently, we have a "Help Wanted" page in the  project website area

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Help+Wanted

I don't know if you've seen this or not.

If you want to dig right in to actually fixing problems, you might want to
take a look at some of them from our Bugzilla area --

https://issues.apache.org/ooo/

or, just spend some time on this list for a while and see what crops up.

The area under Development  on "Get Involved"

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/get-involved.html

also contains information on how to submit patches etc.

Welcome to our community.