Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org> on 2010/05/18 17:56:57 UTC

applying patch

How do apply an SA patch,

Running SA on FreeeBSD

thx

Jean-Paul Natola
Network Administrator
Information Technology
Family Care International
588 Broadway Suite 503
New York, NY 10012
Phone:212-941-5300 xt 136
Fax:  212-941-5563
Mailto: Jnatola@Familycareintl.org

RE: applying patch

Posted by a....@ukgrid.net.
Why donĀ“t you update it via FreeBSD ports? The latest version is there...

RE: applying patch

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On tir 18 maj 2010 18:44:44 CEST, Jean-Paul Natola wrote
> Freebsd  exim clam and sa sw config 3.3

complains goes to the freebsd maintainer(s) not to spamassassin support lists

--
xpoint http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Re: applying patch

Posted by Michael Scheidell <sc...@secnap.net>.
On 5/18/10 12:44 PM, Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> I setup this box YEARS ago,  and only updated the  versions of sa exim and clamav, (this only filters my mail before it hands it off to my exchange server.
>
> But lately its been timing out a lot, and I read there's a  patch to address this issue
>
> Freebsd  exim clam and sa sw config 3.3

if you are using ports, then upgrade to SA 3.3.1.  it has any and all
known critical patches applied.
(as were the 3.3.0_x versions)

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
(official FreeBSD ports maintainer for SA)
 > *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

RE: applying patch

Posted by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org>.

Posted by Alex <my...@gmail.com>.
> How do apply an SA patch,

srsly?

Re: applying patch

Posted by fchan <fc...@molsci.org>.
>How do apply an SA patch,
>
>Running SA on FreeeBSD
>
>thx
>

>Jean-Paul Natola
>Network Administrator
>Information Technology
>Family Care International
>588 Broadway Suite 503
>New York, NY 10012
>Phone:212-941-5300 xt 136
>Fax:  212-941-5563
>Mailto: Jnatola@Familycareintl.org

Before you patch any file, backup the original to another location so
you can have the original to fall back on. Patching should just be
this command:

patch < patch.file
  -or-
patch originalfile < patch.file

Check the man page for patch for your system to check for correct syntax.

Also try these links:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=patch&sektion=1
http://www.linuxtutorialblog.com/post/introduction-using-diff-and-patch-tutorial

I hope this helps,