Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by b k <bk...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/02 15:48:47 UTC

[users@httpd] mod security turned on, but having some issues

Hi all,
The web application which I am currently supporting incorporates reports
generating functionality using Java Reporting Component which worked fine on
WebSphere App server and also Apache 2.2 before turning on the mod security
configuration. The app used to generate reports in a PDF format on both IE
and Firefox browsers pretty well. Now that the mod security config is turned
on, reports could not be generated properly on any browser. I have these
issues:
On IE: I get the File Download dialog with the warning "The file you are
downloading cannot be opened by the default program. It is either corrupted
or has an incorrect file type." Instead, the report should open Adobe Report
automatically.

On Firefox: All weird characters show up on the browser - looks like
encoding issue.

When I tested the above issue directly on the App server, there is no
problem which led me to suspect that Apache 2.2 configuration is the CAUSE
for this ISSUE.

Please help ASAP!!!

Thanks!

Re: [users@httpd] mod security turned on, but having some issues

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
b k wrote:
> Thanks for the immediate reply Andre!! I just installed HTTPFox and ran the
> test again. You were right.
> Content-Type on the working server is application/pdf
> Content-Type on the non-working server is text/html
>
> May I know why this is happening?

Unfortunately, about that I don't have a clue.
But now, with the above information, maybe someone else more familiar
with mod_security will be able to help you.

Re: [users@httpd] mod security turned on, but having some issues

Posted by b k <bk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.