Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Peter Pilgrim <pe...@db.com> on 2001/12/04 13:17:09 UTC

struts action multiplexing

I want to multiplex struts actions.  I have a typical central Struts Action
that responds to multiple HTML Submit Button and provided my
own mapping to the behaviour or business logic within the same action class.

How ever I want to forward to another struts action with its own action form.
Unfortunately I find that ActionServlet seems to populating the target action form
with the wrong parameters. I discovered this is because the bean populate
work with `request.getParameter(...)'. This is quite correct.  So my target multiplexing
is sometimes messed up because it is impossible to override the servlet
request parameter.

How can I get around this problem?

Can a request dispatcher accept servlet CGI parameters?

mapping.findForward( "handleThis?parameter=one&parameter=two" );

I dont think so at first, becausethe Servlet Spec says you pass
request attributes ie. `request.setAttribute(...)'.

The other way would be the locate the action yourself without using request dispatcher
mechanism and then call the action directly. Can this be done?

--
Peter Pilgrim                 ++44 (0)207-545-9923
                                                      //_\\