Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by ryan <ry...@hotmail.com> on 2004/05/03 18:45:51 UTC

MySql-4.1-Schema.sql

I wasn't able to use the new schema for MySql-4.1.  It looks like it
doesn't like this syntax:

URI_STRING   varchar(255)  NOT NULL CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE
utf8_general_ci,

The file I attached is the schema I used to create the tables.  I only
had to move the NOT NULL part to the end of the line like this:

URI_STRING   varchar(255)  CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci
NOT NULL,

Is there anyone else that has gotten this schema to work so I know it
isn't just me?

Also,  Several people have posted about the MySQL Adapter not allowing
uploads/downloads of files greater than 64k in size.  I was hoping the
upgrade to MySQL-4.1.1 would fix this but it did not.  I have not seen
any response to this, so I am including my changes to the
VERSION_CONTENT table to fix this.  The modified table uses LONGBLOB for
the content field.  Here is the full create statement from the file:

CREATE TABLE VERSION_CONTENT (
  VERSION_ID   bigint  NOT NULL,
  CONTENT      longblob     NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (VERSION_ID)
) TYPE=InnoDB CHARACTER SET utf8;

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Regards,

Ryan Rhodes

Re: MySql-4.1-Schema.sql

Posted by Jacob Lund <jl...@qualiware.net>.
Hi Ryan!

I used the longblob part for test some time ago and you are right - it did solve the problem with larger files.
blob will set the limit to 64k and longblob will set limit to 4G.

I never successfully tested the 4.1 scheme since mysql had problems on my machine! The big difference from 4.0 to 4.1 is the utf8 compliance. Did you do any testing on this part?

/jacob