Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Filip Gieszczykiewicz <fi...@repairfaq.org> on 1999/03/25 06:32:13 UTC

os-solaris/4120: ./configure aborts when ./Configure can't find "make" (while "gmake" exists - ie. gcc installed on machine but old sun "Language option not installed" still in effect)

>Number:         4120
>Category:       os-solaris
>Synopsis:       ./configure aborts when ./Configure can't find "make" (while "gmake" exists - ie. gcc installed on machine but old sun "Language option not installed" still in effect)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
./configure dumps:
./Configure: make: not found
 + adding selected modules
./helpers/TestCompile: make: not found
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
[zap]
>How-To-Repeat:
Try configuring on a machine that has gcc installed but not as to replace the _not_ installed
sun C compiler. Hey, I inherited this mess and all I'm supposed to do is upgrade apache
(we have 1.1.3 now !!)
Note that configure echoes "+ setting C compiler to gcc" YET it still assumes that there is a "make" (instead of using "gmake" at least as a backup).
>Fix:
If "make" not found AND "+ setting C compiler to gcc" look for "gmake". On this
system, that change (actually a symbolic link gmake->make) fixes everything.