Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tony Zhang <zh...@hotmail.com> on 2008/01/23 01:55:28 UTC

[S2]question about S2+YUI+JSON.

I want to write a demo using S2+YUI+JSON. And I got an issue about async call
struts2 action.

In my jsp file, there is call struts action. I want to submit same data to
sever and the server return the json result. But I fount the json plugin
can't populate the parameter form request to action.

Javascript sumbit some data,

var sUrl = "dragDropPost.action";
YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest('POST', sUrl, callback,
"list1="+parseList(ul1, "List 1")+"&list2="+parseList(ul2, "List 2"));

Struts.xml

       <action name="dragDropReturn" class="test.DragDropAction"
method="execute">
	       	<interceptor-ref name="json"/>
             <result />
        </action>

Action,

public class DragDropAction  extends ActionSupport {

	private String list1;
	private String list2;
             private Map map = new HashMap();

	public String execute()
            {
                map.put("Content", "Hello Paciolan");
                return  Action.SUCCESS;
             }

	public String getList1() {
		return list1;
	}

	public void setList1(String list1) {
		this.list1 = list1;
	}

	public String getList2() {
		return list2;
	}

	public void setList2(String list2) {
		this.list2 = list2;
	}
    public Map getMap()
    {
        return map;
    }

    public void setMap(Map value)
    {
        map = value;
    }
}

I found the list1 and list2 were not populated when I submit the data.

What should I do?

Re: [S2]question about S2+YUI+JSON.

Posted by Tony Zhang <zh...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks,

I have a question about how to encode the data when sumbit data by YUI.

Like below,

var postData = "username=anonymous&userid=0";
function makeRequest(){

	var request = YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest('POST', sUrl, callback,
postData);
}

How can I encode the postData?

Re: [S2]question about S2+YUI+JSON.

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.
On Jan 23, 2008 8:20 AM, Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You don't need to use the json interceptor to populate the params in
> the action. Struts will do that for you.
>
> musachy

musachy,

when will ur json 1.0 stable?

Re: [S2]question about S2+YUI+JSON.