Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Airline Pedestal <ai...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/01 02:50:46 UTC

Re: "no serializer found" when using custom serializer problems

I think your encodingStyle should be
set to empty string ("").

--- Jay Glanville
<Ja...@naturalconvergence.com> wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I'm trying to write my own serializer/deserializer.
> So, on that
> education path, I'm taking rather small steps.  I've
> got a small bean
> (one attribute), a test service (that uses that
> bean), a rather simple
> serializer (that extends SimpleSerializer) and a
> rather simple
> serializer factory (that mimics
> SimpleSerializerFactory).
>
> The problem is that when I call a method on my
> service, I get a "no
> serializer found" error.  Why is this?  What am I
> missing here?
>
> I'm using Axis 1.2rc2 as an web service embedded
> into my web
> application.
>
> The service's definition inside my
> server-config.wsdd is:
>     <service name="test" provider="java:RPC"
> style="rpc">
>         <document>
>             testing of service functionality
>         </document>
>         <parameter name="className"
> value="com.nci.slt.epi.admin.test.TestService"/>
>         <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="*"/>
>         <typeMapping qname="ns:Obj"
>
> xmlns:ns="http://test.admin.epi.slt.nci.com"

languageSpecificType="java:com.nci.slt.epi.admin.test.Obj"

serializer="com.nci.slt.epi.admin.test.ObjSerializerFactory"

deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.SimpleDeserializerFactory"

encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding"/>

http://jglanville01/webadmin/services/test?method=getObjs

org.apache.axis.encoding.DefaultSOAPEncodingTypeMappingImpl@7cf883

>     AxisFault
>      faultCode:

>      faultSubcode:
>      faultString: java.io.IOException: No serializer
> found for class
> com.nci.slt.epi.admin.test.Obj in registry

org.apache.axis.encoding.DefaultSOAPEncodingTypeMappingImpl@7cf883
>      faultActor:
>      faultNode:
>      faultDetail:
> 	{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:JGLANVILLE01
>

> Now, I know that my serializer factory is being
> called (placed a
> breakpoint in the factory's constructor) and that
> none of the
> serializer's methods are being called.
>

> I've attached my service's implementation
> (TestService.java), my bean
> (Obj.java), my serializer (ObjSerializer.java) and
> my serializer factory
> (ObjSerializerFactory.java).
>
> All help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks