Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by "Schwartz, Cynthia L" <cy...@intel.com> on 2013/08/27 22:06:48 UTC

How to build 2.0.3 using 1.7 source and target ?

What is the proper way to build Pivot 2.0.3 using ant  ?

I tried ant -Dcompiler.source=1.7 -Dcompiler.target=1.7 install

(without the 1.7 switches, it  builds and runs the project.  Then  I added a try-with-resources stmt and tried to run my project )

It builds, however my Netbeans project will not run with the following :

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Uncompilable source code - mainwindow.MainWindow is not abstract and does not override abstract method startup(org.apache.pivot.wtk.Display,org.apache.pivot.collections.Map<java.lang.String,java.lang.String>) in org.apache.pivot.wtk.Application
                at mainwindow.MainWindow<clinit>(MainWindow.java:XX)
Exception in thread "main" Java Result: 1

RE: How to build 2.0.3 using 1.7 source and target ?

Posted by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@actian.com>.
Hmm.  Did you try changing "compiler.source" and "compiler.target" in
the "build.properties" file?  That is the expected place for it to be
set.

~Roger

Posted by "Schwartz, Cynthia L" <cy...@intel.com>.
Roger,