Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com> on 2013/06/13 18:17:37 UTC

tests involving deploying a vm fail

Hi all,

I'm attempting to run the following:

mvn -Pdeveloper,marvin.test -Dmarvin.config=setup/dev/advanced.cfg -pl :cloud-marvin integration-test

from instructions [1]. It seems all tests involving deploying a VM fail for me [2]. I've also tried running the /smoke/test_deploy_vm.py test in isolation and I get the following:

cloudstackAPIException: Execute cmd: asyncquery failed, due to: {errorcode : 533, errortext : u'Unable to create a deployment for VM[User|testvm]'}

I've also noticed that if I try manually deploying a VM, it will fail unless I manually create a "local" disk offering instead of the "shared" types that are available by default.

I'm running the management server on my mac and using devcloud2 running on vbox. This is against latest 4.2-snapshot code.

Does someone have any pointers on why deploying a VM fails for me?

Thanks,
Shane

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Marvin+-+Testing+with+Python#Marvin-TestingwithPython-
[2] https://gist.github.com/digitalsanctum/5774980

Re: tests involving deploying a vm fail

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
Unfortunately, attachments are dropped on this list.  You'll need to
use paste bin or something and provide a URL.

Posted by Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com>.
HI Prachi,

Posted by Prachi Damle <Pr...@citrix.com>.
Shane,