Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by jj...@ucsd.edu on 2005/09/16 01:08:02 UTC

DelayRefresher class

Hi, I'm trying to use the command line interface for Cocoon 2.1's offline
page generation feature.  Everything is set up properly according to the
documentation, but when I run the command, I'm getting the following
exception:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.DelayRefresher

This class is not part of the Cocoon distribution that I downloaded, and
it is not in any of the code repositories on cocoon.apache.org.  In fact,
I can find no trace of its existence anywhere, except for a broken Google
link to an API doc page
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/DelayRefresher.html).

Yes, I downloaded the official 2.1 distribution (cocoon-2.1.7-src.tar.gz),
and yes, I unpacked the archive and built it properly.  Everything seems
to be working fine except for this.

So, why is the command line interface attempting to load this class if it
is not a part of the Cocoon framework?  And, more importantly, where can I
find this class so that I can make it work properly?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much for your
time.

Jeremy Carver

Re: DelayRefresher class

Posted by Jason Johnston <co...@lojjic.net>.
jjcarver@ucsd.edu wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to use the command line interface for Cocoon 2.1's offline
> page generation feature.  Everything is set up properly according to the
> documentation, but when I run the command, I'm getting the following
> exception:
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.DelayRefresher

Since this is a runtime error rather than a compiler error, it points to
the class being referenced from a configuration file rather than a Java
source file.  I'd guess a .xconf file as that's where Source components
are generally defined.

> This class is not part of the Cocoon distribution that I downloaded, and
> it is not in any of the code repositories on cocoon.apache.org.  In fact,
> I can find no trace of its existence anywhere, except for a broken Google
> link to an API doc page
> (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/DelayRefresher.html).
>
> Yes, I downloaded the official 2.1 distribution (cocoon-2.1.7-src.tar.gz),
> and yes, I unpacked the archive and built it properly.  Everything seems
> to be working fine except for this.

Taking a shot in the dark... were you upgrading from a prior release?
If so, you may have an old .xconf file that references that class which
no longer exists.

I downloaded the 2.1.7 source and did a full text search and didn't find
any instances of "DelayRefresher", so my guess is it's being referenced
from one of the files from your app.

Let us know if my guess is wrong.
--Jason