Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Ivan Ryndin <ir...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/11 07:02:47 UTC

What are the best practices to start Hadoop MR jobs?

Hi all!

What are the best practices to start MR jobs?
Curently I start my jobs by cron.
Also I start jobs by internal timer from my java application (which is
similar starting by cron)

What are other approaches to start MR jobs?
Perhaps, some best practices apply here?

--
Best regards,
Ivan

Re: What are the best practices to start Hadoop MR jobs?

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ivan,

     Instead of running as a cron job, you can launch MR jobs through
Apache Oozie, the workflow engine for MapReduce, Pig etc. For more details
you can visit the Oozie home page at : oozie.apache.org

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ivan,