Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2006/09/01 05:50:46 UTC

Payments/Refunds when an order is edited after creation

Hi all,

I need some help to figure out if the following processes are already
implemented (and usable):

a sales order in created (and approved) and the cc payment is succesfully
processed online; then the order is modified:

*) a shipment cost is manually added or
*) an order item is cancelled or
*) the quantity of an existing order item is modified or
*) a new order item is added

Is there a way to reauthorize the cc payment to reflect the new grand total?

And when an order item is returned, is there an easy way to refund the
customer?

Thanks

Jacopo

Re: Payments/Refunds when an order is edited after creation

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
On Sep 1, 2006, at 10:46 AM, David Welton wrote:

>> > And when an order item is returned, is there an easy way to
>> refund the
>> > customer?
>>
>> I believe this is already implemented and functional. When you
>> receive a return that was paid with a credit card it will refund it
>> to the credit card (if you're doing a refund and not an exchange or
>> something). For non-CC payments I'm not sure... it should create an
>> outgoing payment that is left open so you can cut and send a check
>> and then close the payment.
>
> It's also possible to give them credit on the site, right?

Yes, and I think that's the default behavior.

-David

Re: Payments/Refunds when an order is edited after creation

Posted by David Welton <da...@gmail.com>.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Payments/Refunds when an order is edited after creation

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
On Aug 31, 2006, at 9:50 PM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need some help to figure out if the following processes are already
> implemented (and usable):
>
> a sales order in created (and approved) and the cc payment is
> succesfully
> processed online; then the order is modified:
>
> *) a shipment cost is manually added or
> *) an order item is cancelled or
> *) the quantity of an existing order item is modified or
> *) a new order item is added
>
> Is there a way to reauthorize the cc payment to reflect the new
> grand total?

There are services for re-authorization and they used to be called
automatically when an order amount was increased, but I don't know if
that's the case any more. It might be nice to have a link to trigger
this manually, either in addition or as an alternative to the
automatic triggering when an order amount is increased.