Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Bernhard Grünewaldt <be...@gruenewaldt.net> on 2008/12/28 15:39:31 UTC

[math] latex and graphviz plugin for apache commons math moinmoin wiki

Hello,

I am new here so I don't know if it's correct to ask here for it, but:

Is it possible to have the latex and graphviz plugin for the apache
commons wiki installed?

Latex Plugin:  http://moinmo.in/ParserMarket/latex
Graphviz Plugin: http://moinmo.in/GraphVizForMoin
Math Wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/commons/Math

I would like to add a documentation about the FastHadamardTransformer
which includes latex equations and some nice graphs:
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/Transformers/FastHadamardTransformer

Or is this page the right place for it?
http://commons.apache.org/math/userguide/transform.html
If yes, which syntax (MoinMoin syntax, Dokuwiki, plain HTML) does it use?

thanks.

Bernhard Grünewaldt

Re: [math] xdoc latex <-> mathml support

Posted by Bernhard Grünewaldt <be...@gruenewaldt.net>.
see below:

Luc Maisonobe schrieb:
> Bernhard Grünewaldt a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am new here so I don't know if it's correct to ask here for it, but:
>>
>> Is it possible to have the latex and graphviz plugin for the apache
>> commons wiki installed?
>>
>> Latex Plugin:  http://moinmo.in/ParserMarket/latex
>> Graphviz Plugin: http://moinmo.in/GraphVizForMoin
>> Math Wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/commons/Math
>>
>> I would like to add a documentation about the FastHadamardTransformer
>> which includes latex equations and some nice graphs:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/commons/Transformers/FastHadamardTransformer
>>
>> Or is this page the right place for it?
>> http://commons.apache.org/math/userguide/transform.html
>
> I think this is a better place. It is the official user guide which is
> bundled with the source.
>
>> If yes, which syntax (MoinMoin syntax, Dokuwiki, plain HTML) does it use?
>
> It uses xdoc described here:
> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/references/xdoc-format.html
>
> The source files are in the subversion tree. Starting from the top
> directory of the project where the pom.xml files is, the user guide
> directory is here: src/site/xdoc/userguide. The html files are generated
> using maven2 thanks to the following command:
>
>   mvn site
>
> Unfortunately, this format does not support mathematical syntax. In
> fact, depending on doxia version, it may even not support standard HTML
> 4.0 entities like &pi; or &nabla; (see
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-237). The current published
> version of doxia seems to be 1.0-alpha-4, but according to this message
> (http://markmail.org/message/z5n4tdiaohaxlqey) new versions should be
> published soon.
>
> Doxia supports others formats as well, and they can even be mixed on a
> page basis (i.e. you can have one page generated from apt, another one
> from xdoc ...). The following page lists several supported modules:
> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia/doxia-modules/index.html. The
> documentation is ... scarce. Beware that some formats are output formats
> only (typically LaTeX).
>
> As far as I am concerned, I would be happy to change our documentation
> format to something more math-friendly. I think we will at least have to
> wait until the new version of doxia is published and look at what it
> provides (and perhaps contribute to it if time allows).

Ok, I will add the docu to the xdoc files in the repo.
(I will generate a diff and mail it to you)

How about adding MathML to the generated xdoc xhtml pages.
Here is a example xhtml page with mathml support:
https://www.gruenewaldt.net/public/mathml.xhtml

Here is described how to convert latex to mathml:
https://www.gruenewaldt.net/trac/blog/latex-and-mathml

If we add the mathml namespace we could use mathml.

Header just has to look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0//EN"
               "http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/xhtml-math11-f.dtd" [
  <!ENTITY mathml "http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML">
]>

We could add the latex syntax as html comments above the mathml
statements, so everybody can easily change the euqation using the
latex2mathml converter.

Re: [math] latex and graphviz plugin for apache commons math moinmoin wiki

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.