Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by laxmiraghu <la...@yahoo.com> on 2009/04/02 02:46:35 UTC

session expiry and redirecting to login page

I've developed a portal using spring with jetspeed as the portal server.

I'm facing a problem wherein if the user is idle for quite sometime, then
session expires and if the user performs some operation on portal it will
throw null pointer exception as i'm getting user object from session in
every page.

I want the portal to behave in a way that if session expires and if user
performs any operation, it should redirect to login page.

How to achieve the above. Please help.

Re: session expiry and redirecting to login page

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
laxmiraghu wrote:
> I've developed a portal using spring with jetspeed as the portal server.
>
> I'm facing a problem wherein if the user is idle for quite sometime, then
> session expires and if the user performs some operation on portal it will
> throw null pointer exception as i'm getting user object from session in
> every page.
>
> I want the portal to behave in a way that if session expires and if user
> performs any operation, it should redirect to login page.
>
> How to achieve the above. Please help.

You must be running a very old version of Jetspeed-2, this is "standard" behavior already a long time.