Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com> on 2016/07/16 02:26:01 UTC

Heads up: branched branch-3.0.0-alpha1

Hi all,

You might have already noticed from the bulk JIRA updates, but I've
branched branch-3.0.0-alpha1 off trunk, and updated trunk to be
3.0.0-alpha2. For most changes, you can just commit to trunk and the
branch-2s. Just remember to use the new 3.0.0-alpha2 version where
appropriate.

I still need to update the markdown release notes and double check things,
but hopefully an RC0 will be coming down the pipe soon.

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: Heads up: branched branch-3.0.0-alpha1

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.
Looking at the state of branch-3.0.0-alpha1 and the fix versions, we're
already out of sync.

I think the easiest solution is to (close to the release date) rebranch and
change any 3.0.0-alpha2 fix versions to 3.0.0-alpha1. I think the
versioning discussions are converging, so hopefully soon. I'll send another
email when this happens.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.