Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Stephen R Guglielmo <sr...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/06 15:18:02 UTC

Using Nutch with Elastic Search

Hi List,

I am trying to use Nutch with Elasticsearch. The latest version of
Elasticsearch is 5.3.0. It seems that Nutch 1.13's Elasticsearch
plugin is not compatible with this version of Elasticsearch, based on
the error logs when I try to index:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Received message from unsupported
version: [2.0.0] minimal compatible version is: [5.0.0]

Which versions of Nutch and/or Elasticsearch should I use for success?
Does Nutch 2.x support Elasticsearch 5? Do I need to install an old
version of Elasticsearch? I am currently using Nutch 1.x because I do
not need storage abstraction, but I can use 2.x if necessary.

Thank you for your help with my recent questions!

Steve