Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Atita Arora <at...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/01 08:48:02 UTC

Is it expected for Synonyms to work vice-versa

Hi,

I have this strange issues happening today where I specified certain
keyword to match as synonym word as :

(^|[^a-zA-Z0-9])[cC][#]([^a-zA-Z0-9]|$)=>$1csharp$2

Which essentially means anyone searching for "C#" should be matched with a
document containing "csharp" too.

Now I have ran into something mysterious (atleast its a mystery for me !!
not sure if that's the expected behaviour) that someone searching for
"sharp" is matched with docs containing "#" , where as no other
configurations specifies this elsewhere.

Is this normal / expected ?

Please guide !

TIA -
Atita

Re: Is it expected for Synonyms to work vice-versa

Posted by ravi432 <a....@gmail.com>.
I also getting the same results with following scenario

Anderson window => american craftsman.

when i type Anderson window i want  solr to return results for Anderson
window and american craftsman.
but it is giving only Anderson window.

but when i type american craftsman solr is returning Anderson window and
american craftsman.

By the i am using synonyms at index time.