Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Tegart <da...@hotmail.com> on 2003/06/04 22:07:50 UTC

JK connector help

any ideas anybody .... ? ( please:) )

I have Apache 2.0.44 installed on XP. I wanted to test some JSp/Servlets so
i downloaded (and installed) tomcat 4.1.24 with the intention of integrating
tomcat with this apache server. So i downloaded mod_jk_2.0.45.dll and copied
it into apache_home/modules and renamed it mod_jk.dll.

in the apache config file i have:

Include "C:/Program Files/webServers/Apache Group/Tomcat
4.1/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto"

and this config file contains (from jakarta docs):

# Load mod_jk module
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.dll

# Declare the module for <IfModule directive>
#############AddModule mod_jk.c

# Where to find workers.properties
JkWorkersFile "C:/Program Files/webServers/Apache Group/Tomcat
4.1/conf/workers.properties"

# Where to put jk logs
JkLogFile "C:/Program Files/webServers/Apache Group/Tomcat
4.1/logs/mod_jk.log"

# Set the jk log level [debug/error/info]
JkLogLevel info

# Select the log format

# JkOptions indicate to send SSL KEY SIZE,
JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories

# JkRequestLogFormat set the request format
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"

# Send servlet for context /examples to worker named worker1
JkMount /examples/servlet/* worker1

# Send JSPs for context /examples to worker named worker1
JkMount /examples/*.jsp worker1

and the worker.properties contains ....

# Define 1 real worker using ajp13
worker.list=worker1

# Set properties for worker1 (ajp13)
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.worker1.host=localhost
worker.worker1.port=8009
worker.worker1.lbfactor=50
worker.worker1.cachesize=10
worker.worker1.cache_timeout=600
worker.worker1.socket_keepalive=1
worker.worker1.socket_timeout=300

now, my problem. when i start apache and try to execute some jsp/servlet i
get errors. if i then start tomcat (as a standalone) it works fine. so
apache does not seem to be loading tomcat on startup, or at any other time.
And i am unsure whether apache should be starting tomcat as a standalone (in
much the same way as i start it on the command line) or that it should be
doing something more complicated.

obviously, i could carry on doing what i have been doing, but I have the
feeling that it is arse-ways!

I have add to comment out the following:

AddModule mod_jk.c

because apache 2.0.44 does not recognise; but i am unsure whether this is a
issue or not.

I am lost at this stage so if anybody knows where the problem lies I would
be most most grateful

dave

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

david_tegart@hotmail.com
David Tegart

In the beginning the Universe was created. This
has made a lot of people very angry and been
widely regarded as a bad move.

Douglas Adams

Re: JK connector help

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Complete HOWTO, step-by-step:

http://www.johnturner.com/howto

The use of the "auto" mod_jk.conf file requires the addition of Listener
elements in Tomcat's server.xml.  Without them, your mod_jk.conf file will
be incomplete.

Sample mod_jk.conf file for a default install of Tomcat:
http://www.johnturner.com/howto/mod_jk_conf.html

The use of the Listener elements in server.xml is described exactly in my
HOWTO.

John

Re: JK connector help

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Also, with JK, Apache doesn't touch Tomcat.  You will have to start/stop
both Apache and Tomcat manually.