Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/22 21:59:24 UTC

Apache Nutch release 1.5 RC2

Good Evening Everyone,

A candidate for the Apache Nutch 1.5 release is available at:

http://people.apache.org/~lewismc/apache-gora-0.2/rc1/

The release candidate is a src.zip, bin.zip, src.tar.gz and bin.tar.gz
archive of the sources in:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/nutch/tags/release-1.5-rc2/

Further, a staged Maven repository of the 1.5 sources.jar and
javadoc.jar is available here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenutch-117/

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Nutch 1.5.
The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 Nutch PMC votes are cast.

 [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Nutch 1.5

Many Thanks and heres to plenty more.

Kind Regards,
Lewis

P.S. Here's my +1.

--
Lewis

Re: Apache Nutch release 1.5 RC2

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
 > The tutorial will need to be updated to reflect this change. You are
 > volunteering?
ok

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
I'll have a pop later today Julien.

The ant tar-bin tar-src zip-bin and zip-src targets need to be
investigated. A resolution needs to be committed to branch-1.5 and
trunk before I can re-run the RC.

nutchgora will reflect these changes but will come later.

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hey Guys,

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Piet,

Posted by Piet van Remortel <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Seb

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Seb

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

-1

package name
  - starting with 1.1 the packages are named apache-nutch-1.x-*
    Shouldn't we follow this convention?
  - the top level folder inside is named differently in previous releases,
    either
     nutch-1.x  (1.3-bin, 1.2-bin)
    or
     apache-nutch-1.x  (1.4-bin, 1.4-src, 1.3-src, 1.2-src)
    Shouldn't we agree upon one variant? Possibly one for bin,
    the other for src?

 > - bin should only have the content of runtime/local/
What about runtime/deploy/, esp. nutch-1.5.job ?
Does it mean to abandon runtime/{local,deploy}/ and
place the content of runtime/local in the top level folder?
"ant package-bin" suggests this.
It would break the convention since 1.3. and contradict
the tutorial.

Sebastian

Re: Apache Nutch release 1.5 RC2

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.