Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by ychawla <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/13 17:18:24 UTC

Command history with client.bat

Hello All,
I am running ServiceMix as a windows service so I run the actual console
using the 'client.bat' program provided in the bin directory.  When I use
the up arrow, I don't see any command history.  Is command history provided
with client.bat?  I think this is using SSH behind the scenes.

Any tips or tricks to get the command history are most appreciated.

Thanks,
Yogesh

Re: Command history with client.bat

Posted by charifm <ch...@sfr.fr>.
mebe it becouse that widows service is running under SYSTEM user , not
ADMINISTRATOR user

try to verify this in  task manager

good luck

Re: Command history with client.bat

Posted by ychawla <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Thanks for the response.  I used ServiceMix 4.3.0.  I did see my history
file here:

C:\Users\Administrator\.karaf

If I open up ServiceMix from the console using 'servicemix.bat', the history
works fine. However, since I am running as a Windows Service, I am
connecting 'remotely' with client.bat.  I believe this is using SSH.

I tried using karaf-client.jar however there were some issues with that in
4.3.0.

Any ideas what I can try next?

Posted by charifm <ch...@sfr.fr>.
Hello Yogesh,

what version of ServiceMix do you use?

Could you check your ~ / .karaf / karaf.history file?

look at this page for an alternative connection type if you the history file
is not empty, https://cwiki.apache.org/KARAF/42-remote-console.html

Regards.