Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Sascha Hunold <sa...@gmx.de> on 2005/03/23 12:15:44 UTC

dynamic content with xi:include/caching

Hi,

we are trying to add dynamic content to certain webpages which are under
control of Lenya. Dynamic pages (xhtml) are generated with external
scripts and placed in the content directory of lenya.
The problem is: how to integrate these files into the lenya-controlled
webpages? Right now, we add xi:include tags directly in the source pages
in content/authoring/... (just experimenting)
But bypassing lenya is certainly not desired. Anyway, first of all we
would like to enable Bitflux to accept the <xi:include> tag.

Secondly, how can we change the caching model of Lenya to avoid caching
of files with <xi:include>?

We have pages in /live like this:
  <xi:include href="content.xml" />
and this page is then move to /cache  and the  <xi:include> tag has been
substituted with the external content (as expected).
But this would require an entire edit-submit-publish run to actually
change the cached file. Is there any better way?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Cheers

Sascha