Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Sebastjan Trepca <tr...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/10 00:30:46 UTC

Bad performance when storing documents

Hi,

downloaded latest version (0.8.1) and did some tests on it. GET's are
fast, but POST's are pretty disappointing. I am using the default
configuration on my Macbook Pro and it can process only 7
POSTs/second. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Sebastjan

Re: Bad performance when storing documents

Posted by Sebastjan Trepca <tr...@gmail.com>.
Daamn, trunk version is 30 times faster! You need to release a new
version ASAP! :) Erlang was the latest.

Sebastjan

Posted by Sebastjan Trepca <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Sebastjan Trepca <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> downloaded latest version (0.8.1) and did some tests on it. GET's are
> fast, but POST's are pretty disappointing. I am using the default
> configuration on my Macbook Pro and it can process only 7
> POSTs/second. Am I missing something?

Yes. You are likely running an old version of Erlang (usually 0.8.1 is
much faster than that). It is also recommended that you try svn trunk,
which is faster than 0.8.1 and has a lot of the features people are
talking about these days.

For link to svn repository: http://couchdb.apache.org/community/code.html

See the Readme for Erlang version information.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com