Posted to user@hama.apache.org by Amith sha <am...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/16 06:52:39 UTC

Apache Hama For Yarn

Hi all,

        I am new to Apache Hama have got chance to work with hama.here
i came to know about the speed of Hama,which runs a job within a
second when yarn tooks a hour to finish the job.So i have Configured
Hama and started by inbuild shell script ldap.sh and
start-bspd.sh so by which i can access the hama  web interface using a
port no 40013

         From which i can understand that job can be submitted on hama
instead of yarn.So, Finally i want to know how can i submit a yarn job
to hama.i am not a Hadoop developer i am hadoop admin here  i am
trying to increase my cluster level to next stage.So kindly Suggest me
whether Hama has better features than yarn,if so how can i ??? run a
job
in my Working Environment

ex:- In hive i have used Yarn to submit query but when switching to
tez engine the speed of my query increased likewise is that possible
for hama and any hama engines are available??

Hadoop-2.4.0
Hama-Latest version

Thank you
Regards