Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Andy2008 <ho...@yahoo.com> on 2010/07/15 22:43:36 UTC

how to exclude mutliple files

I'm looping thru a directory and it has many sub-directories underneath.  I
want to exclude some sub-directories.  Here's my code

<dirset dir="${src.dir}" excludesfile="ignore1.properties">

it works fine.  Now I have another properties file that contains directories
I want to exclude also.  For business reason, I can't combine them into one
file.  I tried the below but it does not work.

<dirset dir="${src.dir}" excludesfile="ignore1.properties,
ignore2.properties">

Do you have any ideas?

RE: how to exclude mutliple files

Posted by "Bailey, Darragh" <db...@hp.com>.

Use separate excludesfile specifiers,

i.e.
<dirset dir="${src.dir}" >
  <excludesfile name="ignore1.properties" />
  <excludesfile name="ignore2.properties" />
</dirset>

I haven't tried it myself, but the documentation indicates that the dirset task supports it.
http://ant.apache.org/manual/Types/dirset.html

Darragh Bailey

Systems Software Engineer
Hewlett Packard Galway Ltd.

Postal Address:    Hewlett Packard Galway Limited, Ballybrit Business Park, Galway
Registered Office: Hewlett Packard Galway Limited, 63-74 Sir John Rogerson's Quay Dublin 2
Registered Number: 361933