Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2019/04/25 13:07:10 UTC

The state of jena+Java11

With the elephas change, I tried to build with java11 (producing java8
byte code).

We seem to be blocked by not being able to produce javadoc.

The error is for each module:
"""
The code being documented uses modules but the packages defined in
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/ are in the unnamed module.
"""

The block is:

and I haven't found a workaround that works. (I am using Ubuntu dist
java, 11.0.3 which is claimed to have a backport of the fix).

Anyone know anything about this?

     Andy

Re: The state of jena+Java11

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
It works for me locally; thanks Aaron.

The JDK11 job on Jenkins is currently failing for reasons that look
unrelated.

For jdk.version=11 it needs to be removed.

     Andy

State of "jdk.version=11"

1/ "mvn clean install -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true" works after the
maven-bundle-plugin is upgraded (#566) otherwise "mvn clean install
-Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true" fails with a NPE.

2/ Not skipping javadoc,

And then the build fails at the first module that has it's own
maven-javadoc-plugin setup; same error.  That module ATM is jena-text
where it isn't needed, remove, -rf restart OK ... until the next one.

Re: The state of jena+Java11

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Re: The state of jena+Java11

Posted by Aaron Coburn <aa...@gmail.com>.