Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by MShah <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2010/03/31 23:32:50 UTC

axis2 security for client code not working

Using Axis2 1.5.1, Rampart 1.4, IntelliJIdea9, jdk 1.5
I am unable to get the security to work.
I am basing it on this article
https://wso2.org/library/3415

This is the exception I get when I execute.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Obviously I'm missing something, probably related to the rampartconfig.
	at
org.apache.rampart.util.RampartUtil.setKeyIdentifierType(RampartUtil.java:1141)
	at
org.apache.rampart.builder.BindingBuilder.getSignatureBuider(BindingBuilder.java:243)
	at
org.apache.rampart.builder.AsymmetricBindingBuilder.doSignature(AsymmetricBindingBuilder.java:626)
	at
org.apache.rampart.builder.AsymmetricBindingBuilder.doSignBeforeEncrypt(AsymmetricBindingBuilder.java:413)
	at
org.apache.rampart.builder.AsymmetricBindingBuilder.build(AsymmetricBindingBuilder.java:93)
	at org.apache.rampart.MessageBuilder.build(MessageBuilder.java:147)
	at org.apache.rampart.handler.RampartSender.invoke(RampartSender.java:64)
	at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:318)
	at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:251)
	at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:416)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:402)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:229)
	at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:165)
	at
tutorial.rampart.client.SecureServiceStub.add(SecureServiceStub.java:191)
	at
tutorial.rampart.client.SecureServiceCGClient.main(SecureServiceCGClient.java:32)
Disconnected from the target VM, address: '127.0.0.1:4870', transport:
'socket'

I added the following to the assertion at the AsymmetricBinding assertion
level.

<sp:Wss10 xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">
                <wsp:Policy>
                    <sp:MustSupportRefKeyIdentifier/>
                    <sp:MustSupportRefIssuerSerial/>
                </wsp:Policy>
</sp:Wss10>

But that does not help either.  Any tips on getting this resolved would be
much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Monisha

Re: axis2 security for client code not working

Posted by Thilina Mahesh Buddhika <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Monisha,

It seems like the issue is with the rampart config. If you are creating it
programmatically, make sure the keyStore location you set as the
property,  "org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.file"
is correct.

Thanks.
/thilina

Thilina Mahesh Buddhika