Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by dustball <du...@usa.net> on 1998/09/11 20:50:01 UTC

Re: os-freebsd/2981: Name Based Virtual Hosts dont work on onFreeBSD (shows main page)

The following reply was made to PR os-freebsd/2981; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "dustball" <du...@usa.net>
To: "Marc Slemko" <ma...@go2net.com>
Cc: <ap...@hyperreal.org>
Subject: Re: os-freebsd/2981: Name Based Virtual Hosts dont work on onFreeBSD (shows main page)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 14:42:06 -0400

 Hi, thank you for the quick response.  Your time is appreciated greatly!

 >You are aware that, as documented, having a NameVirtualHost will not allow
 >anyone to access the "main" server on that IP, correct?

 Yes, that is the documented behavior.  That is what I want.

 >Are you sure you are modifying the right copy of the config files?
 Yes.  I only have one httpd-conf on the system.

 >If you try adding some garbage that should make Apache fail and restarting
 >Apache, does it complain?  If not, you are probably modifying the wrong
 >config file.

 Apache fails when garbage is inserted as described.  It's the right file.

 >What output does "httpd -S" give?
 VirtualHost configuration:
 24.3.6.108:80          is a NameVirtualHost
                        default server www.cbwest.com
 (/usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:78)
                        port 80 namevhost www.cbwest.com
 (/usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:78)
                        port 80 namevhost adrok.dustball.com
 (/usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:87)

 >Is there anything related in the error log?
 Nope, just the startup notice.

 Thanks,
 Jerry