Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Nick Gearls <ni...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/13 16:47:35 UTC

ProxyPass & ErrorDocument

Unless I misunderstand something, I found a problem with ProxyPass
behaviour:
with the config below, I expect, when the back-end server does not
answer (status 502), to receive my custom HTML page.
But it doesn't - the exception (ProxyPass  "/local"  !) is ignored.

  ErrorDocument 502 /local/unavailable.html
  ProxyPass  "/local"  !
<Location />
   ProxyPass  "http://..."
</Location>

Note that, when using <Location /path>, the correct custom page is
displayed.

Is this indeed a bug?
Any work-around?

Thanks,

Nick

Re: ProxyPass & ErrorDocument

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Nick Gearls <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unless I misunderstand something, I found a problem with ProxyPass
> behaviour:
> with the config below, I expect, when the back-end server does not answer
> (status 502), to receive my custom HTML page.
> But it doesn't - the exception (ProxyPass  "/local"  !) is ignored.
>
>  ErrorDocument 502 /local/unavailable.html
>  ProxyPass  "/local"  !
> <Location />
>  ProxyPass  "http://..."
> </Location>
>

> Note that, when using <Location /path>, the correct custom page is
> displayed.
>
> Is this indeed a bug?
> Any work-around?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nick

I don't use exactly that construct, but this works perfectly

ProxyPass /internal !
ProxyPass /sso !
ProxyPass / http://backend/

Cheers