Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Michael P. Jung" <su...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/19 21:05:48 UTC

How to change the Language of the authoring interface.

Let's hope this is an easy one...

I checked the code base of Lenya and found a i18n folder which
contains the translations for the whole authoring interface. I just
can't find a config file to change the language. In my oppinion it
should be configured on a user basis, but I can't find a config option
there either.

I just want to set the language for the authoring interface of one
publication to german as some of my customers don't understand english
properly.

Thanks,
Michael

Re: How to change the Language of the authoring interface.

Posted by "Michael P. Jung" <su...@gmail.com>.
> In Firefox choose General > Languages
> In Mozilla choose Navigator > Languages

Doh! I never realized those options... *laughts*

Posted by Markus Vaterlaus <mv...@mus.ch>.
>> it's browser based and not user login based, but I also think
>> it would make sense.
>
> Is there a way to change the language setting in mozilla firefox?

Open the preferences dialog.

In Firefox choose General > Languages
In Mozilla choose Navigator > Languages

RGDS,

--mv

Re: News in Lenya

Posted by daniel Griffith <me...@yahoo.com>.
> > or should I extend the example blog and
> >add keywords and language support?
> >

> Extend the sample blog of course ;-)
>
> Michi

Hmmm had a funny idea that might be the response:)

daniel

Re: News in Lenya

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
daniel Griffith wrote:

> or should I extend the example blog and
>add keywords and language support?

Extend the sample blog of course ;-)

Michi

>Or has anyone already done this and could shove me the
>code?
>
>:)
>
>daniel
>

>___________________________________________________________ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun!  http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

Michael Wechner

News in Lenya

Posted by daniel Griffith <me...@yahoo.com>.
Hi

Now I have Lenya 1.2 up and running, and my tests in
making a multilanguage website have been successful,
I’m thinking about how I am going to create content...

I need to make a multilanguage news “module”. Which do
you guys think would be better, should I be looking to
make one based on cocoon and a database, and imbedding
it into Lenya, or should I extend the example blog and

Posted by "Michael P. Jung" <su...@gmail.com>.
> it's browser based and not user login based, but I also think
> it would make sense.

Is there a way to change the language setting in mozilla firefox?
Since all my systems here are set to a English US I never realized
that it was configured according to the language setting of the
browser.

> Maybe you can file a feature request within Bugzilla

Indeed. I'll file a feature request.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Michael P. Jung wrote:

>Let's hope this is an easy one...
>
>I checked the code base of Lenya and found a i18n folder which
>contains the translations for the whole authoring interface. I just
>can't find a config file to change the language. In my oppinion it
>should be configured on a user basis, but I can't find a config option
>there either.
>
>I just want to set the language for the authoring interface of one
>publication to german as some of my customers don't understand english
>properly.

it's browser based and not user login based, but I also think
it would make sense.

Maybe you can file a feature request within Bugzilla

Michi

>Thanks,
>Michael

Michael Wechner