Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Allison, Bob" <ro...@qwest.com> on 2005/11/15 15:35:25 UTC

Plugin Unit Tests?

I was trying to build some unit tests for the RPM plugin and am running
into a chicken-and-egg problem.  To test the newly-compiled plugin, it
seems that I need to complete the install phase so that the plugin is
available for the tests to run.  If I alter the configuration to skip
the unit tests, it will install the new plugin but I can't run any tests
(since they are skipped).

Am I taking the wrong approach?

RE: Plugin Unit Tests?

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Bob,

To test a plugin the best solution is to use the it plugin in
components/sandbox/plugins.

It allows you to put test projects in src/test/it.

-Vincent