Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by DAVID SMITH <da...@btinternet.com> on 2016/02/23 16:02:50 UTC

Problems with links on the Contributors Guide

Hi
As I am looking to submit code I looked on the Contributors Guide at the Code Style section.I am using Eclipse Mars and I loaded the Checksytyle plugin, I downloaded the eclipse-formatter.xml from the link, but it will not load into the Check Configuration panel in Eclipse, I get the following error:Unable to parse configuration stream - Document is invalid: no grammar found.:12:10
Has anyone seen this error before and managed to overcome it?
Also under the Eclipse Users heading the 'checkstyle rules' hyperlink always returns error 404.
ThanksDave

Re: Problems with links on the Contributors Guide

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
I think you have to add the following code in the XML file you created from
the highlighted area of code concerning checkstyle in the pom file :

<?xml version="1.0"?>

*<!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC          "-//Puppy Crawl//DTD Check Configuration
1.3//EN"          "http://www.puppycrawl.com/dtds/configuration_1_3.dtd
<http://www.puppycrawl.com/dtds/configuration_1_3.dtd>">*

<module name="Checker">

(it may be possible to proceed differently but this is what I did on my
side)

Pierre

Posted by DAVID SMITH <da...@btinternet.com>.
Pierre