Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2017/06/09 13:04:56 UTC

Re: splitting [VOTE] thread of APR-UTIL 1.6.0

We've voted on this package a number of times, it probably
does have the votes if we search through these original two
vote threads, but just to be clear I'll spin a new thread, and
we can attempt to unwind previously cast vote tallies to
call this specific release already baked.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 02:07:25 -0400
Dennis Clarke <dc...@blastwave.org> wrote:

> Mind if I push this over a strict C99 test on a POSIX compliant
> system?

Please do!

Here's hoping that whatever problems you may identify are not
regressions or other showstoppers!

> ps: yes any reasonable person that wants access to Oracle cloud
>       systems will be helped here.  There are concerns.

I'm wondering how far we can go towards automating the kind of
build/test you're doing.  If (for the sake of argument) the
project were to generate weekly tarballs ready-to-go with
configure/make, perhaps that would help users of minority
systems to set up automated testing?

--
Nick Kew

Re: splitting [VOTE] thread of APR-UTIL 1.6.0

Posted by Dennis Clarke <dc...@blastwave.org>.
On 06/11/2017 05:37 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 08:04:56 -0500
> William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
>> We've voted on this package a number of times, it probably
>> does have the votes if we search through these original two
>> vote threads, but just to be clear I'll spin a new thread, and
>> we can attempt to unwind previously cast vote tallies to
>> call this specific release already baked.
>
> Looking like third time lucky.  Or perhaps it's your magic touch.
>
> I've just been going through some of the site docs making basic
> updates for the new releases.  So should be ready to go with those
> when the new releases become officially current.

Mind if I push this over a strict C99 test on a POSIX compliant system?

dc

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Just FYI remember we will wait 24 hrs after concluding the vote and pushing
the releases from dev to release, just to give mirrors time to sync. That
shouldn't interfere with progress at httpd.

I would appreciate if you would do the announcements of each Tues aftn,
right after you or I publish the site through the CMS. I'm happy to
announce the vote results at 9am tomorrow.

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 08:04:56 -0500