Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Dinh Viet Hung <di...@epiqus.com> on 2001/09/06 07:52:00 UTC

How to get rid of default Namespace URI

I got a problem when using Apache Soap client to invoke .NET web
service.
The problem is the "Namespace URI" which is generated by default along
with the method name. Below is my soap envelope,

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope

  <SOAP-ENV:Body>
     <ns1:VerifyCreditCard xmlns:ns1="http://tempuri.org/"
        <CardNumber
xsi:type="ns1:VerifyCreditCardResult">4123123412341234</CardNumber>
     </ns1:VerifyCreditCard>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>

</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

The method VerifyCreditCard is fully qualified element name with
namespace URI "ns1" and local name "VerifyCreditCard". However the .NET
soap server doesn't seem to like the namespace URI "ns1".

If I manually take that namespace URI out, then it works fine. But it is
done manually. I don't know how to do it programmatically using Apache
soap client.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

BTW: the SOAP spec say that "Immediate child elements of the SOAP Body
element MAY be namespace-qualified"
==> that means we MAY not need the namespace URI "ns1" here

Any help is really appreciated,

Thanks,
Hung